Welcome! We would like to introduce you to some of our important policies and procedures. Please take a few minutes to read this information and feel free to ask any questions
STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
Professional ethics and California State Law specify that communications to therapists (Psychologists, Marriage, Family, Child Counselors, Social Workers, Psychiatrists, etc.) are privileged and confidential, and cannot be released or shared without the written permission of the patient.
There are, however, a few situations wherein the law requires that therapists report certain information. Notably, in situations where abuse of a minor child or an elderly person is suspected or may be occurring, the therapist is required to notify the local law enforcement agency and county protective agency. Therapists are also required by law to warn an individual and the police, of seriously threatened harm to that individual that is disclosed during the course of therapy. In addition, confidentiality may be broken if information is revealed that indicates that a client may cause harm to him/herself.
PROCEDURE FOR EMERGENCIES
It is important to understand that we are not an emergency or crisis clinic, and there may be a time when no therapist is readily available. If this happens, and you are in need of immediate support, you are urged to contact the Crisis Team (a 24-hour hotline) at 800-479-3339, or your local hospital emergency room.
FEES AND INSURANCE COVERAGE
The ADHD Center for Success is not a participating provider with any insurance panels, and does not bill insurance directly. Some medical insurance policies may provide benefits for counseling and evaluation, thus reducing the direct cost to you. If requested, the ADHD Center for Success will present you with a monthly statement that you may use for insurance billing purposes.
It is important to understand that all financial agreements are between you and your doctor, not between your doctor and your insurance company. You are ultimately responsible for your bill.
Our office maintains complete financial records of all charges, and payments, and this information is available to you upon request. Your monthly statement will indicate only current charges and any outstanding balance on your account. Evaluations are paid in full at the initial meeting. For other services payment is due at the time of service. It is essential that you pay the amount agreed upon by you and your doctor at each session, thereby keeping your account current.
For your convenience, we accept VISA and MASTERCARD. You may set up an automatic payment for sessions by completing the Credit Card Authorization Form.
• Our fee for a comprehensive ADHD Evaluation with Executive Functioning and Sensory Processing Assessments is $1495.
An evaluation includes the following: Clinical interview, testing, ADHD self report forms, parent and teacher behavior rating scales, physician and teacher consult (for children), family/friend rating scales (adult), Sensory Profile, Executive Functioning assessment, written report, treatment recommendations and feedback session. Payment is charged in full at the first session.
• Our fee for a comprehensive ADHD Evaluation plus one of the following: Executive Functioning OR Sensory Processing is $1350 and includes all of the above and a choice of either an Executive Functioning or Sensory Processing assessment.
• Our fee for a comprehensive ADHD Evaluation only is $1195 and includes all of the above with the exception of Executive Functioning and Sensory Processing.
• Our standard fee for an initial, 60 minute intake session is currently $375.
• Our standard fee for an individual, 45 minute session, is currently $225.
• Telephone consultations with other treating professionals such as teachers, physicians and other therapists will be billed at our usual hourly rate of $300. Consultations to schools requiring travel, including conferences, IEP/504 meetings and other services are not included in the above fees, and will be billed separately at $300 an hour, with additional cost for travel time.
•Legal/Court related consultations and services are billed at $300 per hour. Depositions and court appearances are billed at $400 per hour.
• Telephone Consultations that are brief and are used to transmit information, schedule appointments, etc., are not subject to charge. More lengthy conversations, wherein advice is sought or therapeutic issues are discussed, may be billed at a percentage of our normal fee, based on the amount of time needed. Please note that insurance companies usually do not pay for telephone consultations and you will be responsible for any charges.
• Missed Appointments or Late Cancellations are costly to the therapist and deny other individuals the opportunity to use that time. Unless a true emergency exists, we require that all cancellations be made at least 24 hours in advance. If you miss an appointment, or cancellations are not made in advance, you will be charged for that session. Insurance companies do not pay for missed sessions...you will be completely responsible for that charge.
In the event that collection becomes necessary, all reasonable collection expenses, including collection agency and/or fees, will be charged to the patient’s account.
A $35 fee will be charged for a bounced check. Payment in full, including this charge is expected within 5 days of notification or patient will be charged three times the actual amount of the check as allowed by law.